Welcome to the official website of Mushan Island Tourist Area, Chaohu, Anhui Province, on Saturday, Oct 16, 2021 .


  

Mushan Scenic Area is known as "the first scenic spot of lake and sky". There are a lake - Chaohu, an island - Grandma Mountain Island, a pagoda - Wenfeng Pagoda, a temple - Zhongmiao Temple, a temple - Huaijun Zhaozhong Temple, an temple - Baiyi Temple, which reflects the splendor of the lake and the history and culture. Zhao Puchu (1907-2001) was the late chairman of the Chinese Buddhist Association and a native of Taihu County, Anhui Province.




The myth of "trapping Chaohu Lake and Changlu Prefecture" in "Zhongmiao Temple" has a realistic prototype. In order to worship Bixia Yuanjun, Taoist priests in the Yuan Dynasty (1297) used the holes under the base of Zhongmiao to rebuild arch-coupon bridge holes, renamed "Ao Bei Cave", and built palaces on the Ao Bei Cave. During the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom of Qing Dynasty (1854), Zhongmiao Temple was destroyed by war. In 1889, Li Hongzhang, a military and political minister in the late Qing Dynasty, advocated the renovation of the Zhongmiao Temple. On the basis of the Taoist temple, Buddhist temple buildings were added, which became a model for the integration of Buddhist and Taoist cultures. In 1998, Zhongmiao Temple was listed as a key cultural relic protection unit in Anhui Province.




Zhaozhong Temple was founded 30 years ago in 1892 when the Huai Army was founded. Li Hongzhang, an important Minister of military affairs in the late Qing Dynasty, was honored as the "General Ancestral Hall" of the Huai Army to commemorate the dead generals of the Huai Army. The Huai Army is the first modern army in China and the only national defense army that has grown up by local armed forces. There are some disputes about the merits and demerits of the Huai Army, mainly because the Huai Army once suppressed the Taiping Heavenly Kingdom Movement and the Nian Army Uprising; but in the modern war against foreign aggression, the Huai Army was fearless and indelible, leaving many sobbing stories. In 1912, the government of the Republic of China issued an order to rename all the Zhaozhong Temple in the country as "the Temple of the Loyal Martyrs of the Han Dynasty". Zhaozhong Temple is the largest existing ancient building in Chaohu City. It became a key cultural relic protection unit at the county level in 1982.




Located in the east of Zhaozhong Temple, Ao Tao is a special temple dedicated to Li Hongzhang's father, Li Wen'an. The main niche in the special temple is dedicated to the throne of Gong Li Wen'an, while the vice niches on both sides of the temple are dedicated to the six-person throne of Li Hongzhang brothers (Li Hanzhang, Li Hongzhang, Li Hezhang, Li Yunzhang, Li Fengzhang and Li Zhaoqing).




The Baiyi Temple, originally dedicated to Guan Shiyin Bodhisattva, was built in the reign of Kangxi in the Qing Dynasty (1690) and in the reinvention of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty (1802).




Laoshan is the largest island in Chaohu Lake. It is 3.5 kilometers away from Zhongmiao in Chaohu City, 4 kilometers away from Qitouzui in Lujiang County, and 8 miles away from the north bank and South bank. Mt. Grandma is 8 kilometers west, and there is a Gushan in the lake. Gushan is 82 meters above sea level. Legend has it that Jiao Gu, the daughter of Jiao Grandma, was washed away by huge waves and turned into an isolated mountain. In 1964, when Guo Moruo visited Chaohu Lake, he wrote, "Look at the golden waves of Chaohu Lake, love her aunt's hair like oil." "Grandma" refers to Gushan and Grandma Mountain. There are two reefs on the north side of Grandma's Shanxi Province, which are not far apart and resemble two shoes. They are called Shoeshan. Legend has it that Jiao Grandma lost two shoes when she was trapped in Chaohu Lake and turned them into shoe hills.




In the late Ming Dynasty, Xiong Wenju of Zhixian County, Hefei, wrote a novel The Story of Grandma Mountain, describing Grandma Mountain Island as a paradise, saying that there were 100 families on the island at that time, with simple folk customs and sleeping at night. Now the island's fishing villages are concentrated between the North and South Boat Ponds. Each fisherman's building has its own characteristics, with farm restaurants and teahouses dotted in it. Hundreds of villagers depend on water for their livelihood, mainly fishing, as well as farm restaurants, teahouses and local specialties.




Wenfeng Pagoda was built in 1631 in Chongzhen of Ming Dynasty. In ancient times, the ballad "Gran Shan Jianjian, Luzhou Zhuangyuan" was spread. Yan Ergui (a scholar in 1622) of Zhifu of Luzhou began to build Wenfeng Pagoda in order to prove that there were more talented people in folk songs. He hoped that "the earth would thrive" and "humanistic glow". As soon as the tower was built on the fourth floor, it stopped work because of the peasant uprising in the late Ming Dynasty (legend has it that Zhang Xianzhong, the leader of the peasant army, threatened to capture Yan Ergui, the prefecture of Luzhou, alive). It was not until 1878, in the reign of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty, that Li Hongzhang, a Hefei man, advocated collecting donations and continued to build the three upper floors that Wenfeng Pagoda was finally completed. Wenfeng Pagoda is 51 meters high, seven stories, octagonal, 133 steps, left turn right turn into a maze. There are 802 brick Buddha statues and 25 inscriptions on stone inscriptions around Wenfeng Pagoda. The word "ladder cloud" in Tamen was inscribed by Yan Ergui, the prefecture of Luzhou in the Ming Dynasty, and on the first level he also inscribed "Kui Guang Ying Dou" (Kui Su's brilliant reflection of Dou Su is a good omen for the prosperity of literary movement and the opening of science and technology). On the seventh floor, Emperor Chongzhen inscribed "Sanyuan Yeji" in the late Ming Dynasty, Li Hongzhang in the Qing Dynasty inscribed "Optimum Heaven One Pillar", elder brother Li Hanzhang (Governor of Guangzhou and Guangdong) inscribed "Lihezhang in the near future", three younger brothers Li Hezhang inscribed "Zhong Ling Taiyi", and Huaijun general Zhang Shusheng (Governor of Guangzhou and Prince Shao Bao Title) inscribed "Emerging momentum". Legend has it that Li Hongzhang left behind a poem: "Chaohu Lake is like inkstone in waves, hand grinding Gushan as ink. Grandma's pagoda is like a sheep's pen, enough to write the Eight Lines of Blue Sky. The poem uses Romantic imagination, compares Chaohu Lake to an inkstone, Gushan to an Hui ink, the Grand Mountain Tower to a Xuanpen, and the blue sky to a Xuan Paper.




The Huazangjing Temple is located on Yangzi Peak, one of the nine peaks of Granshan Mountain. It is originally a Taoist temple dedicated to Jiao Grandma, the water god of Chaohu Lake. It is called "Saint Concubine Temple" and was built in the Western Jin Dynasty (284 A.D.). Emperor Qianlong of the Qing Dynasty visited the south of the Yangtze River and allocated funds to rebuild the Temple of Saint Princess, which was renamed "Saint Grandma Temple".

Micro-blog

WeChat

Consultation:

0551-88560106

Complaint:

0551-88560018

Questionnaire

Online consultation

QQ
BACK TOP